Thursday, January 26, 2006

Aran Knitting


Yes, I am now totally flipped over Aran patterns.

Like I told you many times already, I am knitting a cardigan for Ella. That's very good.
However, while I was looking for some other WIP (or UFO, if you insist), I found a beautiful
yarn in my stash, it's Sirdar: Wash'n Wear DK Double Crepe, in tweedy creamy color. It's beautiful to knit.

I have a huge collection of books and magazines, and spent a few dear hours looking for a pattern, suitable for the wonderful yarn. Guess, where I found the one I want to make!
In the web.

Here is the link (I am sorry, I have not figured out how to do the link like everyone else does, just write a word, which is highlighted and then you click on it, and voila! The simple word takes you there...It has to be simple, but I am just too lazy to find out, it's easier for me to paste the link, ohkay!)

http://www.knitting-crochet.com/womiriknicar.html

oh, btw, hubby showed me how to do that "html" thingy. Looks easy.........Not, my programming abilities go way back when we were using business basic. I don't think windows existed for general public then.

General public? Well, let me make a quick comment here: There are so-called "Sunday Drivers". Why aren't they driving only on Sundays, why do they have to drive in the morning, in the rush hour? Just asking.

So, now I have my 44 stitches for both sleeves, a girl has to make sleeves together, otherwise the sweater/cardigan will never be done, by me. I have a problem making sleeves after front and back pieces. BUT, if I make the sleeves first, there is no problem. Funny.

If there is a SSS (single sock syndrome), I insist that there should be USS (UGH SLEEVES - SYNDROME), or some other witty name, just like the SSS, which I love and give a full credit to the person who came up with that expression. YEAH!

No comments: