Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Knitted pants


I was not going to post anything today, since my mind is totally resting. I changed my mind, when this picture appeared in my view. This is in "Knit 1" summer 2006 issue. Perfect for the summer wear.

Makes me remember the days when my mom knitted wool pants for us kids to wear in winter. They were GREY, and
they were warm, but oh, so ugly. These ones have some sort of pattern design, at least, and suspenders. We had only elastic waist band, to hold the pants.

Oh, and another thing, too. We would have NEVER worn the pants if any of our friends knew we had them (most of us did). And outside, yet. wooohooo.

Nice vest.

If you have the magazine, check the shawl on page 43, design by Noreen Crone-Findlay.

Something that I need to make one of these days.

3 comments:

Janet said...

I don't think I'll be wearin' those! But the shawl sounds nice!

There was a German woman who lived across the street from us when I was a kid and she knit her son's and husband's underwear! She would hang them on the clothesline, so everyone knew!! Bet they loved that....

Pirk said...

LOL

Kirsten said...

I wouldn't wear those pants either. They might be nice as lingerie, in an ultra soft silky yarn...