Sunday, March 07, 2021

The time isn't obeying my small stream of thoughts

 Sometimes days just whip themselves into oblivion.  

I might have had nothing to tell, just my normal incredibly weird thoughts that float around and then disappear.  

One day last week, I looked into a bin that had been in one of the closets for years.  There was, on top of everything else,  a doll.  A Friday Doll.  I remember the times when all weekdays had a doll in their name.  Mine is Friday, since, according to calendars of times past, I decided to come into this world.  It was raining at that time.  Explain to me, why I like rain so much.

I have knitted a few dolls in my life, and even crocheted a cutie:




I've made a lot more, but  this is enough for now, to give you an idea.  


I started knitting socks, but (that nasty little three letter word) there seems to be some freezing in my upper arm  and shoulder, accompanying with the all important thumb.

Knitting isn't fun when some parts in your body have an  "expression of objection, disapproval or dissent towards an idea or action"  (https://tinyurl.com/2ecpbdhy)


Sometimes I must check out what the heck I am trying to say.  My language doesn't include all the expressions or words  or whatever, hence the dictionary and other sources come to my aid.

Entendes? 

Oh, how I wish, I was fluent in Spanish.  I know how to tell a taxi driver where to go, I know how to shop, say hello, how are you, what are you doing, eating, cooking, etc.  small talk.  Just don't talk to me in Spanish too fast, you will lose me into a thick forest of words.  

The best part of trying to speak Spanish to a Spanish speaking person, is that they don't laugh at me when I try my best to explain something in their language.  On a nasty note: when I worked (now retired) there were some people, who would have a blast of laughter when I and another person spoke, or pronounced words incorrectly.  (And how many languages do you speak?)



It was hurtful.

My father-in-law (R.I.P..) a wonderful man, taught me not to check the dictionary for words,

just try to talk, and talk, and eventually the meaning will come out.  (I had taken some lessons in community college, so I was not totally useless).


Today, I will check my masks, as we are planning to go out somewhere.  "Planning" the operative word.


bye for now!

No comments: