Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Pigeons, Coffee, Soup

 I made coffee in the French press coffee maker, which was a Christmas gift from our friends, many years ago..

We use it quite often, specially loose leaf special teas, As in herbal ones. When I want just a cup of coffee, I use this.

It's cold outside. Can you imagine that? It's the wind. I went to the balcony to chase a pigeon couple, who has moved to our neighbour's balcony. They came to check if there was a good nesting place here, NO. The neighbour has started taking some action, and the couple might be worried. Stay away you two.
It's too cold for me to chase these annoying coo coos (well that is a sound of a mourning dove, but close enough).

I made cauliflower, broccoli, chicken broth, carrot and spices soup yesterday, in a slow cooker. Yummy. The lunch will be a slice a pizza (hubby made lots and saved in the freezer) and soup. Sounds good.

The Pigeons, A Huge Pain, specially if you have a balcony. Summer is coming, and I want to sit outside with a book, and coffee. No need to have pigeon visitors.
Hubby did an excellent job covering the entrance for those puskes. (plural of pesk, says google)
Hereis part of the work that was done,
more netting later.
Knitting has been almost off the radar. However I decided to fix a pair of night socks, since they were too small to stay put. I fixed one sock, the red toe one, The other is going to be blue to differentiate left and right.
The red stitching is not following any pattern, they are on a whim stitches.
Still paying for the frigging thumb pain after doing this.

I went to see my family doctor yesterday, tried to convince her that I have too many pills, which ones could I drop? Nada, zero, no change.
I did get a referral for a shoulder x-ray and ultrasound, and perhaps later cortisone.
Also she showed me how to excercise my arm (painful wingy arm) To swing it
lightly back and forth
NO weights though, or anything heavy with that hand. I will do it at home, privately and quietly. Outside in public, the general population might think that I am testing my wings for flying. The cargo will be too heavy for that.
That's not me, somebody in the gym, where I don't go.
and this picture is also from Google.
So, that is enough for my medical report.

Back to my regular scheduled programming: drinking coffee and surfing the FB, watching videos, and perhaps reading this book:
Doesn't it fit well today?

Be good to yourself, stay safe from that nasty virus, and enjoy your coffee or tea. As will I now. Bye ya'll.








No comments: