Thursday, October 11, 2007

Super thick socks







Can you believe this, I finished the thick socks for hubby.
I was going to make them for Christmas, but now is a good time too. He's wearing them already.

The jacket for DIL is in good shape. both fronts are done, then comes the back, and sleeves, and finally the front band with button holes.

I just can't understand why my fingers hurt.

Oh, and did I mention that I received Elizabeth Zimmermann's book "The Opinionated Knitter".





There is a pattern for a Baby Surprise Jacket. Ssshhh, don't tell anyone, but I went to Wallyville today during my lunch hour and bought some variegated yarn, and circular needles, and started knitting, um, casting on stitches (160), it took a while to do, because somehow playing cards (at lunch) and counting stitches don't go well together. I am not telling anyone that I had bought yarn today, because I am literally drowning in yarn here at home. BUT I don't have the right colors to make the surprise jacket. At least in my opinion.

I came home and started knitting and did the first part of the Surprise Jacket.
That means that I knitted the first 8 rows.

Now that I am in the mood to finish some projects, I think it's time for Campanula socks to be finished.

No comments: