Monday, June 09, 2008

Stitching


Here are my first serious attempts to embroidery stitches.
The red stitch is "herringbone" and the green is buttonhole stitch.

I spent about two hours doing that, oh, I did same stitches on a practice sheet first. I am slow, much slower than in knitting or crocheting. Somehow I like this craft, for now, after I saw a freeform project done entirely with embroidery stitches. Hey, I could try that. First I should just sit down and start from the beginnig, not from the middle, like I usually do with my knitting and crocheting.

2 comments:

Gina E. said...

Hey, you've done well! Keep going with the simple stuff and don't get intimidated by the fantastic stitching that some of those ladies do on this forum. I've been stitching for many years but am still only an amateur by comparison. BTW, I can't knit or crochet...your work here is lovely!

Pirk said...

Thank You, Gina, for your nice comment.

I was so proud of myself when I looked at those stitches. I did it!