Saturday, September 08, 2007

Life of a WIPaholic





It seems to me that I have not done anything else lately but started new projects.
That one is a baby blanket, started today, while sitting in the market place. It is very annoying that the people across ours are selling, ahem, yarns, too. I bought the baby yarn from them. I am not very happy that I have temptations staring at me, when I am trying to avoid yarn buying binges.

I made a baby hat before I started the blanket.

The blue baby hat was one of the earlier WIPs, which I finished as soon as I got home this afternoon.

When I was on my way to the market, I passed the Walkers for the cure.
It was good to see all the women and men walking and I felt a touch of being part of the project. I am knitting the Campanula for the cure socks, which was designed by a lady who is participating in this weekend walk.

Unfortunately the yarn I started with, the pink one, was a little bit too heavy for the stitch gauge, and I had to dig into my stash to find another yarn. I found a royal blue yarn that just smiled at me with excitement. The picture is of the start, at the point where I am now working on the heel.

I also have a sweater, for me, on the go, plus several other socks, almost done.

I am not too happy with my way of starting new projects, but I am way too restless these days to pay attention to just one project.

1 comment:

Janet said...

I had to chuckle at all your WIPs because I do the same thing. For some reason I can't work on just one thing at a time. There are projects in my studio from years ago that have not been finished yet! I keep thinking that one of these days I'll gather them up and either force myself to finish them or toss them out.

Those blue socks are fantastic!