Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Art Journal

Every time I go to Janet's blog, I find something interesting, other than her beautiful drawings. This is what I found today:

Art Journal Video

I started one couple of weeks ago, but have not done anything on the pages since...what, at least over a week (Sept. 17Th). I've been knitting SOCKS. No wonder my fingers are aching. Oh, the last drawing isn't anything to write home about, but I am going to put it here anyway. Maybe someone will get inspired of the fact that they too may be able to draw something silly like this:


This is just a doodle, it's not drawing, it's moving the pen on the paper with no true goal.

The video is very inspiring, and perhaps I could really make myself to scribble something on the pages. Hmph, no excuse not to do anything, the journal is in my knitting bag.
This book does not have the spirals, but I am NOT going to go and buy a new journal. Yesterday, when I was looking for a knitting needle set, I came across a nice leather-cover journal, with spirals. That would work, I think, but the pages have lines. I don't think it really matters, does it, if I cover the pages with paint. The journal I have with me would not do, if I filled it up with stuff. I think I will keep this one for doodling.

It's just so sad when I get inspired I am not in a position to do anything. I have nice oil pastels and paints at home, not here at work. So, I will knit. Socks.

I joined a group that draws something every day, and I started well, and then stopped. I have not noticed that anyone was looking for me, though. Sometimes I wish I was invisible and I could travel with a beam (I've been watching a lot of New Generation, and the likes, shows lately, because Hubby has the station on Spike late afternoons). Where was I? Time traveling, I suppose. And while I was on that trip, I took a quiz

and they told me to go back to the future. Didn't do too well on that one.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Ballet....I think you captured it in your drawing. There's movement and grace and beauty. You do amazing things with just a few lines. I love the loose, easy feel your drawings have.

As for the journal, I don't think it matters what kind you have as long as you use it. I just took a sketch book that I had laying around and that's what I'm using.