Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Tuesday already?

Sunday was a uneventful day.  Waited for the SuperBowl to start so I could watch something else.  I don't understand that game, and to be honest with you, don't want to understand it.

I knitted for a few rows, crocheted some 5" squares, and had a nap in the afternoon.  There was nothing
interesting going on.

Monday was different.  I wanted to go and get an x-ray done in a nearby health center, only to find that they
had moved.  I was late for work, about 15 minutes, which didn't worry me at all.  I've done more than 15 minutes extra time in my working days.

The day went by slowly, except when I had my lunch hour, it went too fast, I crocheted a few stitches and
came back to my office ten minutes early and finished a square.

Today is looking a lot better, I have sneezed and coughed for about 10 minutes so far, which is not a bad thing compared to that happening all day long, with 10 minute breaks.  (spoke too fast)

Look at this pretty crocheted hat, link is here.  I like Priscilla's patterns. I've not been too keen on crocheting hats, but that one looks way too interesting to ignore it.  Perhaps next winter.  Now I am busy knitting socks and crocheting squares and knitting cardigans and knitting and knitting and knitting....aaarrrrgggghhhhhh.

The socks?
It's the challenge feature for February 2013, knit socks and use yarn from stash.  My yarn is from stash, and don't know the brand of it.  I don't even remember where and when I bought it, but it's good for socks.
The challenge is posted in Ravelry.  I am to make these socks for me.  Ah, that might be a problem, since I don't really like using the socks that I have knitted, they are usually for gifts.
The yarn in these socks doesn't co-operate with the color changes, but since they are for me, it's a welcome
feature.  I like things that are a little bit off the wall.
Here is the link for the pattern

The more I think about those socks, the more I like them, for me.  

That thought will be my positive thinking for the day.  So far anything negative can go and fly a kite.



1 comment:

Janet said...

Thanks for the link to that hat. It almost looks knitted rather than crocheted. I'll add it to my "things to do someday" list!