Sunday, July 20, 2008

Wrong choices

The last two days have been hot and humid. My A/C isn't on all the time, though, because I don't really like the "artificial" cool air that A/C produces. I also get sniffles and coughs, when the cold air blows too long.

What did I do yesterday and today? Cleared my work area in the dining room. Yes, I have all my stuff on the dining table because I like working at that table. I have created a little "cubicle" for myself around the table. Even another table, but small, one of those end tables, that have a shelf in the middle. That table was full of my critical and current supplies, as well as books and magazines that were bought most recently. There was a fairly high pile of pattern printouts, and some other paper which didn't know where else to go at that moment when I was emptying my tote bag to make room for new stuff. You see, my tote bag contains patterns, magazines, and books, in case I have time to work on something at my lunch time at work.

Did I mention that the mentioned tote bag is the one that goes with me to work every day.
Did I ever mention that my current tote bag was made by my dear, dear friend, who lives in Sweden? She does quilting, and look at the two bags she made for my birthday. No wonder I carry them with me everywhere. The other bag has works stuff and bills and some other important items that have nothing to do with knitting or crocheting.










I also received, from another dear, dear friend, who lives in Finland, a quilted pillow case, which I
use all the time on my comfortable recliner seat when I watch TV. It's soooo pretty.










What was the wrong choice? To start heavy duty organizing, moving furniture, and yarn bags, yarn boxes, yarn tubs, books, and magazines. This was yesterday, and I felt as if I was working in a sauna in a brutal heat condition. Today was time to move the boxes and bags away, move the small table somewhere else, and organize a space for my treadmill. Another friend had given me this huge treadmill, since she did not have room in her new apartment. Like I have. But I have it now nicely put by the window, and I can watch TV while doing my walk. I refuse to use the e-word in this case, because if I do, I won't walk on my treadmill, if it means it's e.......
and I don't care if I put enough dots after e.







I am now so tired that any thought of crocheting or knitting sounds like work. My hubby suggested that we order pizza tonight. I must love him. He was at work on both days. When he is at home, I get none of this organizing done, it just doesn't happen. Maybe because he might want to help me (with my yarns, snicker, snicker), and I don't want any help. First, he has organizing skills, I don't, he would know what to do (throw most of my stuff in the garbage), I would not know (I keep EVERYTHING). He would be organizing my stuff so well that I would not find anything any more.

Even after I did my own clearing, I already have stopped to think "where did I put that one?"

This is going to be a challenging time for me. I need to prove to myself, and myself alone, that I can live in an organized area. I will wish myself luck.

2 comments:

sandra santos said...

required by the comment, you must work very beautiful, I love the socks, but here in portugal not find good material to do.
kisses from Portugal

Janet said...

I can relate to clearing off the table, and also about trying to organize things. That seems to be an on-going thing around my house. Your tote bags are so pretty. Mine are just plain canvas bags. I keep telling myself I'm going to decorate them but that hasn't happened yet. Maybe once I get organized!! :-)

As for the treadmill, I moved mine into the family room while HB is gone and I still don't use it enough!