Thursday, September 18, 2008

Portland, OR part 2

It was early in the morning when I went to the airport. The flight to Vancouver was over 4 hours, which worked out quite well, with some napping and watching the personal screen in front of me.

Vancouver airport. What can I say? It's nice and fairly big, and modern. HOWEVER, why in the friggggging world didn't the builders put some moving walkways? I think I stepped on one or maybe two, and that's it. To get to Portland gate I had to walk forever, and thensome. Plus I had to leave my orange juice bottle at the security, even though I had just bought it, inside the airport.
Oh, I know, I know, you don't have to tell me. And I knew I couldn't take it inside the secure area.

I had a long sip of the juice before I threw it in the bin, where all the other prohibited items were.

As soon as I got to the other side, another bottle was in my bag. Somewhat expensive orange juice, don't ya think?

Portland! Airport! My aim was for Red Lion Hotel by the Convention Center. I remembered the talk about this MAX train. I found it and it was FREE, can you believe it?

Arrived at the hotel, and met Janet, my friend from California. She had driven 1000 miles just to meet me. That is so special.

We settled into our hotel room and chatted and chatted. Then I decided that I was hungry and Janet had no objections. We walked across the street to Burgerville.

I had fish and chips. Janet had sweet potato fries, and a smoothie. My late lunch was great, but I didn't care too much for the sweet potato fries. I took one to taste from Janet's serving.

After the meal we headed towards the convention center and then to the Knit and Crochet Show Vendors' Market.
I did buy yarn, even though I had promised everyone else but me that I would not buy any. How can you resist, when there are so many yummy yarns calling your name. More coming another day.

No comments: