Monday, May 19, 2008

Swallowtail Shawl

Another WIP started. If you call me crazy, it doesn't matter.
I started a shawl yesterday, I think. Or Saturday. It's Monday now, and we are on a long weekend mode. Queen Victoria's Birthday. I never met her, but it's OK, I enjoy my day off regardless.


Oh, the shawl. The pattern is in the "Interweave Knits" magazine, Fall 2006 issue, "Swallowtail Shawl" design by Evelyn A. Clark

I have done quite a bit already, although would be further if I didn't make so many mistakes, and so many froggings. I get careless with an easy pattern. It also isn't helping to watch telly and follow a chart, is it now?


Here is a picture of my WIP. I just finished the 13Th set of Budding Lace 2 set. One more to go, and then move on to a new pattern set.

I am using Noro sock yarn, which is not mentioned in the original pattern, but I wanted my shawl to have all my favourite colours.
I don't have lace yarn in these gorgeous colours that this yarn has.
Of course I have some regrets for using Noro sock yarn, because it's rough, and makes my fingers itch because the yarn is wool. (plus a little bit nylon, but that doesn't help).
I cannot imagine anyone, who has a sensitive skin, wearing socks made with this yarn. However, I know that I am just being mean, because wool yarn isn't very
cooperative with me. There are so many beautiful yarns now that I would love to knit with all of them, but first, they are pricey, and second, my skin shivers when I touch some of those fancy yarns.
I bought four skeins of this Noro yarn, intending to make a vest. So why the shawl? I saw one made with the same yarn, same colorway, in Knitter Gal's blog, and fell in love with it.

No comments: