Thursday, April 17, 2008

What's on the menu?



It's been ten days shy of a month, since I posted last time. Those days have slipped thru the piles of paper I had on my desk for the past couple of weeks. It was the time for our year-end procedures.


In one of the cyber groups someone posted a link to a bracelet purse, and of course I had to make a few. These are the first three. I made three more after those, but no picture, but I am sure you get the picture. The purse was designed by Pam Gillette at Knotty Generation



Did I manage to create anything else? Not really. I was accompanied by a nasty syndrome called startitis. One of the bugs is this yellow thing, which is supposed to come out of its cocoon and fly off as a beautiful summer top. My fear is that before that happens, the stitches might fly off the needle and go back to the original form, as in skeins of Patons Grace.


This pattern appeared on a Sandra magazine a few years ago. I had made this in white with navy blue stripes, equally a few years ago... Somehow I managed to fade the blue after washing the sweater many times, so it's started to look old. However, I really like the pattern, so that is why I am going to make another one. Getting the pattern from my sweater has been somewhat challenging, but I have done it. I am keeping the old sweater nearby, just to check what is the next step. Did I mention that I cannot find that magazine?, I can find all the other ones, of course.

Talk about spooky events. I went to google for the magazine, just to show any picture. Guess what, I clicked on the e-Bay one and the sweater is in February 2002 magazine. The one that is showing here. At least I know now, where the pattern is. What a lucky find!


On April 1st I went to Stephanie's new book launch and bought a signed copy of her new book. It was a fun night, except my camera didn't like the darkness in the theatre, and failed to take good pictures. I need a new camera, oh, please.


I have read the introduction. Unfortunately my time has been mostly spent on knitting my yellow thing, instead of reading about knitting.

I could swear I was knitting a shawl at the book launch, but not sure.

No comments: