Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Lately

This is a view on my way home from work. I could not get a better picture, because traffic started moving.


What have I been doing lately? Knitting, and then knitting, until my fingers and wrists ache. I have knitted socks, specially a mystery sock from Ravelry group. Here is the sock before the heel flap, which is done.


The next clue will be available on Thursday. While I am waiting,



I needed to do some crocheting for a change. I decided to make a lapghan for a Christmas gift, for someone in the family. The problem is that I already have a gift for the person I was thinking of making the blanket for. Never mind, I am still working on the blanket. and here is a picture of two squares I have in my bag. I have done more, but the rest of them are at home.

I used blue and white, because those are the Toronto Maple Leafs team colors, and the person who could get the blanket is a TML nut.




A new yarn shop has opened it's doors. I went for the opening event, last Thursday evening, and was amazed what a charming little shop this Purple Purl is. They have coffee, tea, yarn, books and tools for knitting and crocheting. Anything you need to feel comfortable in a yarn store. On Tuesdays they have an evening to meet your friends to knit/crochet and chat, and have a great time. Unfortunately I have a dentist appointment tonight, so it's doubtful that I will be able to go to spend a fun night with my friends.


Here is a picture, when I am almost at home from work.

No comments: