Wednesday, April 05, 2006

IC scrumblettes


I am obsessed with Irish Crochet - my way. I will take the cord and crochet around it. Now, usually one should follow a pattern of some sort, for a flower or a leaf or something else that looks like something. Mine twists and turns on a whim, just like me. I like doing this type of IC, because I don't have any experts in my immediate neighbourhood to tell me off.

And furthermore, if I don't show pictures or my pieces to anyone, who is to know, right.

Here is a picture of some of them, I scanned the scrumblettes, so the picture isn't the best, but
do I ever take the best pictures anyway, IMHO.

4 comments:

Janet said...

Oh, I love your IC scrumblettes! I have always loved freeform crochet but never thought of doing it this way....starting with an actual form/item and then working around it. Very nice.
PS - I found your blog thru Drew, The Crochet Dude.

Janet

Pirk said...

Thank you, Janet. I love making scrumbles and scrumlettes. Free Form is my favorite.

Pooch said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the solid color, too! I'm glad there's no one around to talk you down from your lofty scrumbling adventures.

:)

Pirk said...

Thank you, Pooch.
I am obsessed with this type of crocheting, for the time being.