Thursday, November 10, 2005

Another paisley


Here is the one I made last night.

It is Thursday, and I am ready to go home, but have until 4 thirty until that happens.

Tonight is a telly night for me. There is a CSI, Without a Trace, and then at midnight Everwood. I might even get some knitting done. Tomorrow is a day off from work, it's our Remembrance Day. I have already lost one Poppy flower. I will get another one on the way home tonight.

I started to knit the sweater from Melville's book, Colors, from page 188. I had 7 different balls of yarn on the table, most of the time tangled up, although I should know, as an experienced knitter, that you are supposed to make sure the yarns stay in order. HAHAH, if anything ever is in order in my life it would be a miracle.

I had knitted six rows of this pattern, including the hem garter stitches. Then I decided that it would be way easier to make the panels separately and then just sew them together. None of this seven balls of yarn floating around everywhere. I don't remember the trick how to keep them in order. I know how to handle the bobbins easily, but the whole skeins, com'n. Too much trying to be organized. Not my cup of coffee.

You guessed it, I frogged the whole thing, and feel a lot better now. I might even do something else with the yarn. I made too many swatches already for that sweater, I am kind of tired of the pattern now. Maybe I should just invent something and be happy.

I decided, once again, that I will finish the shawl for my sister, and get done with it. Please, let me do it tonight. I need to get rid of the stooopid shawl. If someone EVER wants me to make something with RH Symphony, slap me silly.

No comments: